Wednesday, September 8, 2010

School Meeting

Well, today I had my meeting w/ the principal, Director of Special Ed, my son's teacher and the school Social Worker. I'm not sure how much was solved and I never got any straight forward answers to any questions regarding seminars required by teachers to attend for SPD. I keep telling them this is a very hard disorder because there is a fine line and finding that line is difficult. Things do change day to day with my son so because of that he isn't qualified for an IEP because they don't feel it would be affective at this time since he isn't having any trouble w/ his school work.

I feel like I'm up against a brick wall here. I still get the nods like "yes we know what you're saying, we understand what you're going through", but really they DON'T GET IT!! What to do What to do?? I don't feel like this is over and I'm going to keep doing what I know to do and that is to help my son the best way I know how. I do think that through this the principal knows I truly mean business and I will do whatever it is I have to do to be heard! I am my son's voice and thank God I was blessed w/ a very loud one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment