Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FRUSTRATED!!!

It has been such a frustrating 24 hours to say the least!!! I am so tired of educators not being EDUCATED on disorders! I swear we take one step forward and 2 steps back with these teachers and school district. My poor son had to be punished 2 days in a row for some bad behavior only because the principal decided that's what he felt like doing. UGH!! He totally veered off of protocol for this and he just makes up rules as HE sees fit!! Well lets just say he woke up Mama Bear from her nap and she isn't happy!!

PARENTS, when you have kids with this disorder DO NOT let these teachers bully you into their way of thinking, stand up for your kids, get pissed and take action! I called the superintendents office today and was in contact with the Director of Special Education today and she confirmed what the principal did was not called for and he was out of line and we are getting a meeting together.  Document EVERYTHING for your kids and have proof when you do have meetings, this will help so much.

This is not a well know disorder and I'm making it my personal mission to get the word out there about it. It's pretty sad when private schools send their teachers to conferences regarding this disorder so they can better help their students with it but the public schools aren't doing a damn thing! The public schools want all of these kids to be in this perfect little box and if they don't fit then they will do whatever they have to to conform them to that box. Being robots doesn't make the world go round!!!

I can't wait to tell you what happens with my meeting with the principal and the Director of Special Ed, I'm praying it is successful and praying things can start changing for kids with this disorder. I will be the voice for this disorder if I have to and thank God the good Lord made me fiery and gave me the gift of gab : )

No comments:

Post a Comment